About The Family Association
The Texas State Family Association was founded in 1976 as a support organization dedicated to helping Bobcat families feel connected to their students' University experience. Students blossom when family and friends take an active interest in their education and that’s why the Family Association's role is so important. The Association will provide information to families as well as opportunities for involvement with the University.
The Family Association strives to:
- increase communication among family, administration, faculty, and students about Texas State’s goals and policies, programs and student activities
- offer support and assistance to parents when concerns arise about their sons or daughters
- continue to enhance academic achievement through support of campus programs
- promote the University through developmental activities and to encourage financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- provide an opportunity for Texas State family members to interact with each other as well as University administrators
The Family Association
The Family Association is dedicated to helping Bobcat Families feel connected to their student’s University experience. The Association seeks to promote and sponsor programs that meet the needs of families as well as involve them in the life of the membership and University community.
- Family Association Scholarships
Each year the Family Association helps students fund their college careers through four endowed scholarships.
- Advisory Council
The Advisory Council is a group of Texas State family members that serve as the voice of Family Association, submitting feedback, volunteering at events, and more.
- Supported Programs
Family Association has raised money to support and promote many programs on campus. See where your membership dues and donations go.
- Matching Gifts
Family Association can only provide for students through membership dues and matching gifts. If you work for a company that provides matching gifts to institutions of higher education, please look into donating to us.