The Family Association operates in conjunction with the university’s overall mission through the Parent & Family Advisory Council. The main purpose of the Advisory Council is to provide advice about the direction of the university in the areas of communication and events for parents and family members as well as Family Association membership participation and value.
The Parent & Family Advisory Council will consist of up to 20 members. Married couples may serve as a unit, as applicable.
All current, dues paying members are eligible to serve on the Advisory Council. The Assistant Director of Parent & Family Relations, or current Advisory Council members may also personally recruit and nominate persons to serve on the Advisory Council. Nominees will be added to a proposed slate of Advisory Council members and be voted on by the Assistant Director of Parent & Family Relations and current Advisory Council members at the spring meeting.
Advisory Council members will be expected to attend one regular meeting in the fall and one regular meeting in the spring. It is also expected that Advisory Council members will attend one special planning meeting during the summer. Meetings will be planned by the Assistant Director of Parent & Family Relations.
Requirements to Serve on the Advisory Council
- Members must be current, dues paying members of the Texas State Family Association, and must remain a current member through the term.
- Each member will serve for a term of two years and may serve additional terms as elected.
- Members need not be Texas residents.
- All nominees must complete an Advisory Council application.
The Role of an Advisor
- Voice for all Bobcat families
- Provide feedback from the member's region, profession, or affiliation
- Encourage new members of the university community to participate in university activities and join the Family Association
|Steven & Lisa Aden||Houston, TX|
|Jay & Lori Barr||Austin, TX|
|Marilyn Cook||Port Aransas, TX|
|Renee Dyess||Magnolia, TX|
|Molly Furlow||Port Aransas, TX|
|Linda McCranie||Arlington, TX|
|Gary Moseley||Richmond, TX|
|Nicole Nastasi||Houston, TX|
|Scott & Jennifer Perry||Buda, TX|
|Mark & Sherry Pollett||Harker Heights, TX|
|Don & Cindy Rollins||Wimberley, TX|
|Araceli Smith||Port Aransas, TX|