The Family Association loves to give back to campus and community groups! In the past, funds raised through Family Association Memberships have been used to provide:
- A Student Emergency Fund within the Dean of Students office to assist students affected by house fires, family illnesses or deaths, and many other unforeseen emergencies.
- An online career planning program offered by the Career Services Department to assist in the career decision making process.
- Additional electronic databases in the Alkek Library to aid in research.
- Travel expenses for students to attend professional conferences such as the Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science conference, the American Dietetic Association conference, the Texas Music Educators Association Clinic and the College Band Directors National Association conference.
- Travel expenses for students to participate in competitions like the UCA college cheerleading national competition, the Lambda Alpha Epsilon (Criminal Justice Club) regional competition, and the Students in Free Enterprise USA competition.
- Classroom equipment such as a basic immobilization system for the Radiation Therapy Program, a laptop to display testing machine results, ventilators and test lungs, as well as a camcorder to record how-to guides and other online instruction.
- Study Lounge furnishings for the College of Education.
- Tutoring for all majors, a pilot Student Instruction program focusing on the (very challenging!) Differential Equations course required of all engineering majors, as well as preparatory sessions for the TeXes tests necessary for teacher licensure.
Other student-related programs that have received funding include the Cheerleaders, Student Learning Assistance Center (SLAC), Career Services, Alkek Library, Bobcat Marching Band, Strutters, Bobcat Bond, Student Health Center, Residence Life, Panorama Steel Band, Campus Recreation, Student Life, Counseling Center, Scholarships, Writing Center, University Police, and others.