Welcome to Bobcat Country!
As a parent or family member supporting a Texas State student, welcome to Parent and Family Relations. The Parent and Family Relations program is a part of the Retention Management and Planning department, and we are committed to student success. You play an integral role in the success of your student. We are dedicated to communicating with parents and families about timely information to help your student navigate college and manage the many challenges of campus life.
Our partnership with the Family Association helps to provide support for many student programs as well as supply students with additional resources to enhance their educational experience. We hope you will consider joining the Texas State Family Association.
We look forward to seeing you at our events beginning with New Student Orientation and Move-In and throughout the years -- ending with Commencement.
What does Parent and Family Relations do?
- Hosts Family Weekend each fall
- Partners with New Student Orientation to welcome and educate parents and families
- Partners with the Department of Housing and Residential Life to welcome parents and families at Move-In
- Creates a free monthly e-newsletter to provide parents and families with just in time information throughout the year
- Provides scholarships to students
- Offers support and serves as a resource year-round to parents and families